Improving your cholesterol through diet requires a basic strategy:
- Add foods that lower LDL, the “bad” cholesterol.
- Cut back on foods that boost LDL.
Different foods lower cholesterol in various ways.
Some deliver soluble fiber, which drags cholesterol out of the body before it gets into circulation.
Some give you polyunsaturated fats, which directly lower LDL. And some contain plant sterols and stanols, which block the body from absorbing cholesterol.
Here are 8 types of foods that work in one or more of these ways to lower cholesterol:
- Oats such as oatmeal or cold, oat-based cereal like Cheerios
- Barley and other whole grains
- Eggplant and okra
- Vegetable oils such as, sunflower, and safflower
- Apples, grapes, strawberries, citrus fruit
- Fatty fish
Out with the bad food and start living the good life.
To your health,
P.s- Remember to sign up for our direct billing program next time you in for a massage. Click here to see more.