Although exercise is profoundly beneficial no matter what time of day you choose to do it.
The one thing about exercise you should know is that morning exercise is the best!
You don't have to run a marathon. According to some studies a 20 min brisk walk is good enough.
You can also try 30mins of Tai Chi, some Yoga or 50 push ups, 50 squats and 50 dips and you will still get the benefits. There is something you can do no matter what fitness level you are at.
Here are 8 reasons why I say morning exercises are the best:
1) It begins your day on a positive "healthy" note.
2) It provides you with an opportunity to fully complete an activity critical for your health which can give an immediate sense of accomplishment and empowerment.
3) It increases the chances that you will choose a healthier breakfast. Ask your self this question: Who wants to negate the benefits of a morning exercise routine by following it up with a coffee and donut or some other processed food?
4) It provides an immediate boost in mood and cheerfulness that studies show can last up to 12 hours. ( How many time have you heard of people arguing just after they finished their workout?)
5) It prepares the brain for learning and enhances focus in the first 1 to 2 hours post-exercise. (Before your most cognitively challenging activity doing a few minutes of exercise can be very beneficial.)
6) It enhances your sleep. Studies show that regular morning exercise improves sleep patterns. In contrast, late afternoon and evening exercise can interfere with sleep onset.
7) It provides a transient increase (up to 5 hours) in metabolic rate that can help you burn off some of your breakfast and lunch calories.
8) I give you the best long-term success in maintaining fitness and is easier to build in as a consistent, daily habit.
So there you have it. These are 8 good reasons why you should do morning exercise. If you are not doing morning exercise, why don't you give it a try and let me know how it works for you.
To your health.